Running your organisation Resources

Insurance for VCSE organisations

Management committee members must make sure their organisation is fully insured for the work it does. What you need will depend upon the activities you carry out, if you employ staff or use volunteers and if you own or use buildings, vehicles, equipment and so on. You should nominate one management committee member and, if you have them, a staff member or volunteer, to oversee all insurances and make sure they are up to date.

A-Z of running a group or organisation

The aim of this information sheet is to help you to understand what you need to know about running your group/organisation and how to find out more.

It is not an exhaustive list so if you come across something you don’t understand and we’ve not included it please let us know.

If you would like to know more about anything mentioned on this information sheet, please get in touch.

Working in Partnership

Voluntary and community organisations (VCOs) of all sizes often work together to achieve a common aim, either informally or as a formal partnership. Sometimes this collaboration is a short-term arrangement, at others it is a long-term working relationship.

Partnerships can also be formed with public agencies and/or private sector business, but this type of partnership is outside the scope of this information sheet.