The aim of the Haref Allies is to improve how health and wellbeing services are provided for ethnically minoritised communities in Newcastle and Gateshead. Through the Haref Allies, we ensure that our local communities have a platform to speak to mainstream services.
To become a Haref Ally, organisations should:
- Deliver at least some of their services within Newcastle or Gateshead
- Be an organisation that provides Health and Wellbeing Services or
- Be an organisation that has social value, tackles barriers to services, or addresses the wider social determinants of health (housing, benefits, employment, etc.) or
- Be funders of VCSE
The Haref Allies will:
- Commit to improving service delivery for ethnically minoritised communities
- Support and listen to the Haref Network
- Look for opportunities to work in collaboration with the Network
- Share good practice and information
The Haref Allies will meet every 6 months. This will be coordinated and facilitated by Haref
Find out more
Learn more about the current areas of focus for the Haref Network and why Haref is important
Learn more about our impact and what we have achieved over the last year.