Have you experienced hate crime or been targeted because of your race, religion, sexual orientation, disability or transgender identity?
We can help by:
- Listening to you and understanding what you are going through
- Helping you to get information about your rights and options
- Supporting you to report hate crimes if you want to
- Helping you to be heard and deal with others (e.g. the police, housing, medical services)
- Taking your side
Hate crimes include:
- Verbal abuse
- Physical attacks such as hitting, punching, pushing or spitting
- Threats of violence
- Abusive phone or text messages or hate mail
- Damage to property or graffiti
- Online abuse, for example on Facebook or Twitter
“I could open my heart and share my feelings because I knew there was help, and they would listen and not just shrug their shoulders. Great service”
Who can use our hate crime advocacy service?
Anyone affected by hate crime who is aged 16 or over, and lives in Newcastle, Gateshead, Sunderland, North or South Tyneside, or Northumberland.