This fund will provide financial support for voluntary organisations and community groups that are providing health and wellbeing support and have struggled financially during COVID-19 due to limited access to funding, loss of funding and an increase in workload. Grants of up to £25,000 will be considered (in exceptional circumstances a higher amount might be considered) to be fully spent by March 31st 2021
The funding has been provided through NHS North East and North Cumbria Integrated Care System (ICS) Mental Health programme.
The funding is based upon three principles:
- Psychological support at grassroots level
- Peer produced mental health self-management training
- Non-clinical, bespoke, holistic community support
The funding is expected to deliver the following outcomes:
- Retention of much needed community resources.
- Increased capacity to support the most vulnerable over the winter period.
- A reduction in loneliness and social isolation.
- People can be supported appropriately whilst shielding.