The fund re-opens for applications on Thursday 25th November 2021. It provides grants to help social enterprises rebuild from COVID-19. It is established in partnership by The National Lottery Community Fund and five social enterprise support agencies.
You can apply for grants from £10,000 to £100,000. Most grants will be between £10,000 and £50,000. Your social enterprise on should be substantially reliant income from trading (e.g. sales and contracts) to deliver social impact, have had an annual income of between £20,000 and £1.8 million pre-COVID-19 or in your last financial year, and have a clear plan for growing or returning to substantial trading income post-COVID.
The funding can be used for:
Helping you get your social enterprise back on track
- This might be the costs of getting trading back up and running, supporting outreach and marketing, supporting your costs while your business gets back to full strength, developing new markets and services etc.
Helping you work with communities that are recovering
- This might be work related to supporting communities that have been hard hit by COVID-19, for example, supporting people to get back to work, helping marginalised children catch up with education, supporting families who have been bereaved, providing services for people affected by long COVID etc.
The Fund will prioritise social enterprises which are:
- working with the most marginalised communities in England
- led by and/or working with disabled people and/or from Black, Asian and minority ethnic and/or LGBTQIA+ communities
- led by people with direct lived experience of the issues they are seeking to support