Places Called Home is a new £1.5m funding programme, It is a partnership between The National Lottery Community and the world’s largest home furnishing retailer IKEA.
It will close to applications when they have received 1,500 applications or on 14th July 2021, whichever comes first.
Places Called Home will offer eligible groups funding awards of between £1,000 and £5,000 for activities and equipment that meet at least two of the following criteria:
- Build on the relationships created during the COVID-19 pandemic to increase community activity and the number of people taking part.
- Encourage people to work together, creating opportunities for communities to live in a sustainable and healthy way.
- Raise awareness amongst the public of the importance of connected households, neighbourhoods and resilient communities.
- Develop a new idea, activity or way to come together that has emerged in response to the pandemic.
- Revive or redesign community and common spaces to encourage shared community activities.