Cultural Competency: Working with ethnic minority communities
Each training session entails:
- PowerPoint, videos and activities covering:
- What do we mean by culture?
- Understanding of who our local communities are
- Skills to help identify some of the barriers to accessing health services
- Skills to help make peoples job easier
- Confidence working with different communities
- Good practice to improve access into services
- We provide a resource sheet with information to follow up and a post-session questionnaire to take the learning from the session and put it into practice.
- We aim to make this more than just a two hour Zoom session and provide exercises to help people look at what changes their organisation can make.
Information and booking
- The Cultural Competency training in Newcastle is funded and approved by Newcastle City Council Public Health
- The programme is free to organisations in Newcastle with frontline staff delivering health and wellbeing services, contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information
- We deliver paid for sessions of this training for organisations outside of Newcastle, contact email@example.com for more information
“Fab training, really relevant, easy to follow, fun and interactive.”
“I was blown away by this session!! It was great to listen to other people about their experiences. We shared best practice amongst each other and I really feel confident to go out there to work with ethnic minorities. I thoroughly enjoyed the training.”