We have welcomed working with organisations across the North-East to improve services for people across the gender diversity spectrum.
“Our lives are rich and our stories are many and varied. We are not defined by things that make it difficult for us to be who we are. We can't change those things alone”.
The Changing Times, Challenging Times report is now available, summarising three events organised to improve experience and outcomes for service users and employees. Some of the ways in which we have improved the experience of our service-users are shown in the Snapshot of Organisational Action. These include:
- We have developed our Hate Crime Advocacy Service provision to tackle discrimination/criminal abuse to LGBTQ+ people across the north east region
- We campaign with the North-East criminal justice system to improve Hate Crime reporting systems
- We use strong visual messages in leaflets/posters/social media
- We have delivered presentations and a report on LGBTQ+ awareness
- We have improved our IT systems and record-keeping in relation to service user demographics
- We monitor service-user gender diversity using the following referral form terms: female; male; trans; gender-fluid; non-binary; prefer not to say; in another way.
We look forward to continuing to work with our allies to ensure good practice.