Our free Support and Development services are available to voluntary and community organisations and social enterprises operating in Newcastle and Gateshead. If you are based outside of these areas then you can find your nearest service using the NAVCA map.
I’ve got an idea and I want to set up an organisation
Is there something missing in your community? Do you have an idea about how to make a positive difference? We've been helping to establish and run successful charities and projects in Newcastle and Gateshead since 1929 so there's very little we don't know about running a community organisation and how to turn a good idea into a thriving project.
Setting up a new charity or community organisation is an exciting opportunity but it also requires a lot of work and commitment. The first step is to arrange an initial conversation or meeting with one of our Support and Development team. Call 0191 232 7445 or email email@example.com to arrange a meeting so we can ask you a few questions about your project or idea.
If you would like us to provide additional support to write your governing documents, submit your application to the Charity Commission (or Companies House) and answer their queries, we offer a package of affordable support to get you started.
I’m looking for support and ideas for my organisation
We have a long history of successfully running and supporting charities and community organisations in our region. We can help with everything from finding suitable funding to advising you on policies and procedures, and linking you with other organisations.
We offer free advice on:
Starting a new project
- Clarifying your new project ideas
- Identifying and proving the need for your project
- Establishing the positive difference your project will make
- Defining measurable outcomes for your project
- Researching other projects and partnership opportunities
- How to prioritise and plan a project that funders will support
- Assessing your space needs – venues and online
- Changing your legal structure (we also provide an affordable service to register or convert a legal structure on your behalf)
- Identifying the right policies and procedures for you to run effectively (we can also review and write policies for your organisation)
- General troubleshooting
- Roles and responsibilities of your trustees, directors and committee members
- Business and project planning
- Developing an effective and sustainable funding strategy
- Closing an organisation
- Working with your trustees, directors and committee members to close an organisation
Should you require additional support from our team, we offer a range of affordable consultation, training and legal structure support services. Call 0191 232 7445 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more and discuss which services are most suitable for your organisation.