Haref Allies help us to improve how health and wellbeing services are provided for ethnically marginalised communities in Newcastle and Gateshead. Through the Haref Allies, we ensure that our local communities have a platform to speak to mainstream services. Since our launch in May 2022, 107 people from 63 organisations have become Haref Allies. Join us today and let's make a difference together!
Our aim for this membership is:
- Services will be provided with help and guidance on how to improve health and wellbeing amongst ethnically marginalised communities
- We will provide opportunities to work in collaboration with the Haref Network, which comprises of 90 plus local organisations
- There will be support from other Haref Allies through sharing information and good practice
- We provide tailored training to make individuals and organisations culturally competent when supporting ethnically marginalised communities
Haref Allies are organisations that:
- Provide health and wellbeing services, or
- Have social value or address the wider social determinants of health, or
- Fund voluntary, community and social enterprise organisations
- Deliver at least some of their services within Newcastle and Gateshead
Northumberland FA became a Haref Ally this year and it’s something that we are incredibly proud to be part of. Reducing health inequalities through sport and supporting ethnically marginalised communities is a key component in our Inclusion strategy and for this reason, becoming an Ally was a natural fit for our organisation.
Since becoming an Ally, we have been incredibly impressed by the work that Haref do. We’ve completed Cultural Competency training and have been invited to Haref allies networking events, providing us with the opportunity to meet with other like-minded organisations, sharing best practice and making vital links in our community.
Become a Haref Ally
When you become a Haref Ally you will have access to:
- An annual membership for one or more representatives from your organisation (receive a 5% discount when you sign up for two or more memberships)
- Invitation to bi-annual Haref Allies events
- Supporting health information sessions with the Haref Network
- Free Cultural Competency training for Haref Allies from your organisation or department
- 10% discount off all training packages offered by Connected Voice
- Regular email updates
- Haref Ally badge for your email signature
Our Haref Allies pledge to:
- Support the Haref Network, and respond with solutions to the experiences of ethnically marginalised communities accessing health services
- Commit to improve health and wellbeing services for ethnically marginalised communities in Newcastle and Gateshead
- Support other Haref Allies to improve their service provision and share good practice for service delivery
- £39 +VAT for 12 months for statutory organisations and private enterprises
- £23 +VAT for 12 months for voluntary, community and social enterprise organisations
- 5% discount applied on each additional membership. For example, the price for two representatives from a VCSE organisation will be £44.85 + VAT
How to apply
Please complete our online sign up form and we will be in touch.
If you have any questions, please email Mehru-Nisa.Shah@connectedvoice.org.uk.
Frequently Asked Questions
Please see answers to frequently asked questions. If you have any further questions or would like to discuss what's involved with a Haref Allies membership, please email Mehru-Nisa.Shah@connectedvoice.org.uk.
Since we joined, we have had engaging conversations with community groups and are developing some very exciting projects to improve the training and education of the future pharmacy workforce and hopefully contribute to the public health messaging and services provided to the diverse communities around Newcastle.
Find out more about Haref
Learn more about the current areas of focus for the Haref Network and why Haref is important
Learn more about our impact and what we have achieved over the last year.