The Sector Connector programme helps businesses to make a positive difference in their local communities by connecting them to voluntary, community and social enterprise (VCSE) organisations that need help through skilled volunteering.
Whether you're a business who can offer your skills and expertise to help a local charity, or if you're an organisation from the VCSE sector in Newcastle or Gateshead who would benefit from support through skilled volunteering, please contact Sector Connector Coordinator Jenny Forrester at email@example.com to find out how we can help.
We work with businesses to enable skilled volunteering
- We match your employees to local charities and social enterprises to provide skilled volunteering to the VCSE organisations that need it most. That could be the offer of mentoring, training or advice in your specialist business area, ranging from HR, law, health and safety, leadership training, marketing, health and wellbeing, digital or IT.
- We work with you to co-design, promote and host a workshop or webinar on your business specialism that will bring useful new skills to our VCSE network. We have a fantastic new meeting space in the centre of Newcastle - we only ask for you to share your area of expertise.
Skilled volunteering gives your business the opportunity to
- Make local connections and build relationships through our brokered service, allowing you to demonstrate your support for the local community.
- Explore the VCSE sector as a new market, build your profile, and expand the scope for new opportunities.
- Enhance staff engagement, wellbeing and professional development.
- Offer colleagues experiences that can build their communication, mentoring, leadership and management-related skills and apply them to a new environment.
Skilled volunteering can make a real difference to VCSE organisations
Sector Connector offers the chance to benefit from skilled in-kind support from local experts. This could be in the form of mentoring sessions, training or advice. Please note, we are only able to offer the aforementioned support, rather than an ongoing role.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to register your interest in the Sector Connector programme, to arrange an informal chat, or to hear about future events.