Help Through Crisis works with anyone living in Newcastle who is experiencing crisis and hardship.
The service is delivered in partnership:
- Specialist welfare rights advice, delivered by the North East Law Centre
- Advocacy to help people have their voices heard and access services, delivered by Connected Voice Advocacy
- Emotional and practical wrap-around support to address everyday issues, such as housing, food, fuel and other essentials, delivered by Changing Lives
The project aims to:
- Provide emotional and practical wrap-around support to address everyday issues and prevent crisis or support people to move out of crisis.
- Increase people’s capacity to seek help and support in preventing future crises in the long-term, assisting them to gain timely support in the short to mid-term.
- Help people to better understand their rights when accessing public services, what they need to achieve a basic standard of living and access to essential services (Social Protection) and where to get advice and support.
- Assist people to exercise their rights and entitlements to services e.g. accessing education and care services.
This project is open to anyone in crisis. The current Cost of Living Crisis, coming so soon after the Covid-19 Pandemic, has disproportionately affected people on low incomes, those suffering poor mental health and the vulnerable, including victim/survivors of domestic violence and abuse and migrant communities, plunging them into further crisis.
Make a referral